Governor Cuomo Issues Executive Order Requiring All People in New York to Wear Masks or Face Coverings in Public
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced he will issue an Executive Order requiring all people in New York to wear a mask or a face covering when out in public and in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- The Executive Order will go into effect on Friday, April 17th.
How to wear a mask?
- Make sure to clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol based hand rub before putting on your mask.
- Once you put on the mask, make sure your mouth and nose are covered and there are no gaps.
- It is important to not touch the mask while you wear it. If you do, clean you hands.
- Replace the mask as soon as it’s damp and do not reuse masks
- To remove the mask, make sure to remove it from behind and not touch the front.
- After you discard the mask, make sure to wash your hands.