World Health Organization: When And How To Use Masks
When should you use a mask?
- If you are healthy, When you are taking care of a person suspected to be infected.
- If you are coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask is only effective if you also wash you hands, and use hand sanitizer.
How to wear a mask?
- Make sure to clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol based hand rub before putting on your mask.
- Once you put on the mask, make sure your mouth and nose are covered and there are no gaps.
- It is important to not touch the mask while you wear it. If you do, clean you hands.
- Replace the mask as soon as it’s damp and do not reuse masks
- To remove the mask, make sure to remove it from behind and not touch the front.
- After you discard the mask, make sure to wash your hands.